I feel like I’ve been the worst mood lately. You know it’s bad when you constantly wake up aggravated, haha. I put together a list of stuff I’ve been doing to get myself back on track. Kind of a self-help thing. Hopefully it helps you guys as much as it helps me!
- Start doing new things. It seems pretty basic but I’ve found so much relief in exploration. Whether it’s trying a new recipe or discovering a cute little coffee shop. GET OUT OF YOUR EVERYDAY ROUTINE. “The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself.” -Anna Quindlen
- Take care of yourself. Buy a new face mask. Get your nails done. As odd as it may sound, it’s so easy to forget the little things. Which brings me to number three-
- Appreciate the little things. Whether it’s food, movies (no matter how sappy), animals, or even those favorite pair of fuzzy socks! “Spend your free time the way you like, not the way you think you are supposed to.” -Susan Cain, Quiet
- Forgive. As much as I hate to admit, I have the hardest time showing forgiveness. Until, I realized that if I keep carrying that burden with me, I’m never going to be able to accomplish my goals. It SUCKS, but showing a forgiving spirit in all things totally helps. People are horrible, but it doesn’t mean you have to sink to their level. Before you know it you’ll end up being the one gasping for air. “When you forgive, you heal. When you let go, you grow.”
MUSIC MUSIC MUSIC. You’d be surprised how much your fav album picks up your mood on a gloomy day. If you want my advice: curl up with a good book or that essay you haven’t finished. It’s the little things 🙂 “You only hear the music, When your heart begins to break.” -My Chemical Romance
- The best for last: FRIENDS! I don’t know what I would do in a world without my closest pals. Having incredible people in your life means everything. Especially when you feel like you have nothing.
Thanks for reading guys! see you soon, xo <3 enjoy the poetry except below.
“I think I must’ve been
a traveller of some sort in
some past life I cannot recall.
Because my blood boils and
and my mind drifts,
I yearn to leave this place,
and every place I’ve ever been.I cannot stay.
My soul does not let me.
That can be the only reason as to
why I feel so trapped in your arms,
or caged by this city, stuck in this
maze of people and buildings that
are getting too old.”